How to Apply for an Online Daily Wave Permit
The Coyote Buttes North Daily Lottery (The Wave)
* Apply Two Days before your hike date.
To apply for a Wave Permit you can now apply online via your phone to be entered into the Wave Lottery system. You can’t apply from just anywhere however so there are some caveats you need to know. Here’s how to apply and what you need to know. Follow the steps below to get started!
1. Download App
2. Submit your application
The permit application is $9.00 (non-refundable). Submit your application two days before you plan to hike. Make sure you are within the geofence area when you submit, and submit during the lottery application window (6am – 6pm). Once you submit, you are free to roam outside the geofence area but you’ll want to keep an eye on your notifications. Apply online here
If you win, you will be notified the same day (Day One) by email at 7:15pm (UT). A recreation fee of $7.00 per person/dog is required. This fee is paid online while completing additional information to complete the process after successfully winning. Dogs do not count against the quota, but must be included on the permit. Everyone, regardless of age, must be included in the permit. This includes infants that are not walking. Payment of recreation fees is only required if a permit is awarded through the lottery.
Successful applicants must accept the permit and pay fees by 8am (UT) the next day (Day Two) on Recreation.gov.
3. Pick up your Permit
4. Where to Pick up your Permit
5. Important Reminders!
- Applications must be submitted two days before your hike during the lottery application window (6am – 6pm)
- You need a mobile device to apply – desktop or laptops will not work!
- You must be in the geofence area to apply (see map)
- 16 people and/or 4 groups (whichever comes first) receive permits through this Daily Lottery
Tip: There are multiple deadlines to be aware of:
- Submitting the application: Day One between 6am-6pm
- Accepting the lottery: Day Two by 8am
- Picking up your permit: Day Two at 8:30am (local time)
Arizona: Page, Greenhaven, Marble Canyon, Vermilion Cliffs, Jacob Lake, White Sage, Fredonia, Moccasin, and the Kaibab Paiute Indian Reservation.
Utah: Big Water, Paria, Johnson Canyon, Kanab, Mt. Carmel, Orderville, Glendale, and East Zion.
View Geofence Map: