Pack some serious fun and adventure into a few hours while you’re in Kanab! Race over sand trails in 2 or 4 person ATVs towards the breathtaking Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon and learn about this special area from one of our experienced tour guides.
South Coyote Buttes Tour
Be captivated by the magic of the Coyote Buttes region!
You’ll be sent a waiver to sign along with your booking confirmation.
- 2-Man OHV For up to 2 people
- 4-Man OHV For up to 4 People
- 2 Passenger OHV Ride-Along We Drive! For up to 2 Passengers
- 3 Passenger OHV Ride-Along We Drive! For up to 3 Passengers
- 4WD - 8 Hr 2 People - $100 each add'l Person up to 5 Passengers
Explore the South Coyote Buttes region in Arizona by ATV and on foot.
Meet the Southern cousin of The Wave – South Coyote Buttes! It’s got its own unique mystique, and just like the North side, you’ll need a BLM permit for this exclusive adventure.
Getting there on ATVs? It’s half the fun! Rallying through the backcountry sandy trails & desert terrain is a thrilling experience you will never forget. Once you roll in, your friendly guide will share the area’s secrets while you’re surrounded by the warm, vibrant hues of reds, oranges, and yellows painting the sandstone canvas. Get ready for an unforgettable adventure!
- Please bring a backpack
- Depending on the time of year, you may need a coat and warm hat
- Sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, and comfortable hiking/walking shoes are recommended
- Since it is a sand trail you may want to bring something to cover your face for the ride to the canyon
- Guided hiking throughout the South Coyote Buttes area
- Transport to and from the meeting point
- Bottled water
- Helmets and Goggles
- Gratuity for your guide
- Lunch or snacks (Please bring your own, you are welcome to store them in our cooler.)
- Face covering (recommended) offered for sale in office for $3 each or 2 for $5
- Permit for South Coyote Buttes
- We’ll bring along plenty of iced water but won’t provide lunch or snacks. We recommend that you bring along high energy snacks and a filling sandwich which you can store in our cooler.
- This tour to South Coyote Buttes requires a permit. Read more about permits here, or to apply for one click here.
- You’ll cover about approximately 4 to 5 miles of guided hiking through the South Coyote Buttes area.
ATV Participation Requirements
- Children under 5 years old are not allowed on the ATV’s. Please ask about 4WD options for families with youngsters.
- You’ll need to watch a safety video and sign an ATV/OHV waiver or a hiking waiver after booking this tour.
- You must be able to fasten the seat belt on the machine.
- You must be 18 and have a current, valid driver’s license to drive the ATV.
- If you are under 18 years of age, an adult must be present in the vehicle with you.
- The driver must be able to speak and understand English.