There were 4 of us in our group and we had Kirk as our personal guide. The ATV run was thrilling but not so much anyone feared for their safely. We may have only seen 4 other people at the slot canyon, which was breathtaking! We weren’t rushed through it and Kirk was a wealth of knowledge. We would DEFINITELY do it again.
ATV Tour to Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon
Our Most Popular Tour
Fun & Adventurous Experience
If you’re looking to pack in some serious fun and adventure into a few hours while you’re in Kanab, then this is the tour for you! Race over sand trails in 2 or 4 person ATVs towards the breathtaking Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon and learn about this special area from one of our experienced tour guides. This tour is ideal for those looking for fun, awesome views, and a true canyon experience! Most of our clients tell us they like our Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon experience better than Antelope Canyon!
Enjoy a fun, thrilling ATV tour to one of Kanab's most stunning slot canyons.
Learn about and explore the area with a local, experienced guide.
Make action-packed memories that will last a lifetime with your group or family.
Choose from three convenient, daily departure times.
Click each tab for more info!
Peek-A-Boo Tour Details
Pricing is based on group size and vehicle selection, and is calculated during the booking process.
• 2 person ATV: $279
• 4 person ATV: $369
• 1 4WD Jeep or Pickup (4 to 5 people): $225 for 2 people, $75 each additional person
• All prices are subject to Utah Sales Tax (8.20%)
• Select the “ride-along” option at the time of booking if you’d prefer your guide to do the driving.
8:30 am, 1:00 pm year-round, and *5:00 pm
(*available from March 15 to October 15 only)
Start times may vary.
Our office: 681 Chinle Drive, Kanab, Utah, 84741.
We’re easy to find, located right across the street from the Bureau of Land Management Visitor Center and Wendy’s.
Year-round, Monday to Saturday.
2.5 – 3 hours
• Your Permit! You will not be granted access if you forget to bring it.
• A gallon of water to maintain safe hydration levels and a transportable lunch packed with high energy snacks and a filling sandwich.
• Good quality, comfortable walking shoes with ankle support.
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses.
• Your camera.
Maximum Group Size:
12, contact us for larger groups.
What To Bring:
• Comfortable, closed-toe shoes
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Your camera
• Small backpack for personal effects and snacks if desired.
|A friendly, knowledgeable guide||Gratuity for your guide|
|Bottled water||Transport to and from the trailhead|
ATV Participation Requirements
• You’ll need to watch a safety video and sign an ATV/OHV waiver, or a hiking waiver after booking this tour.
• The ATV machines we use are very safe and easy to use, think of them as small cars!
• You must be able to fasten the seat belt on the machine.
• Children under 5 years old are not allowed on the ATV’s; we have 4×4 Jeep Wranglers for families with youngsters.
• You must be 18 and have a current, valid driver’s license to drive the ATV.
• If you are under 18 years of age, an adult must be present in the vehicle with you.
• The driver must be able to speak and understand English.
Getting to the Trailhead
• After checking in at the meeting point, guests will drive to the trailhead where the tour will begin.
• The trailhead is easy to get to, located just 8 miles north of Kanab and has plenty of secure parking. It’s located on the East side of Highway 89, between mile markers 72 & 73.
• If you do not have a vehicle, contact us to make special arrangements.
Can I make this tour private?
Yes! For an additional cost of $75 you can make this tour private. Just let us know at the time of booking.
How much hiking does this tour include?
This tour contains some easy walking on flat terrain for about half a mile into a slot canyon. Each of our tours is flexible to the needs and desires of the group; you can choose how much or how little hiking you would like to do. This tour is very family friendly.
Are the ATVs safe to drive and can anyone drive them?
The ATV machines are extremely safe to drive and are fully insured, think of them as little cars! You can read more about the ATV participation requirements in the Important Info section.
Is this tour suited for you?
This tour is suitable for everyone five years old or older! We have Jeep 4x4s available for families with little ones. Take note there is some hiking involved at Peek-a-Boo.
What happens if my tour is cancelled?
In the extremely rare case of this tour being cancelled, it would be due to unsafe weather conditions. We will work with you to arrange another tour date or offer a full refund.
Experience the Fun & Thrills of an ATV Drive to Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon
Our ATV tour to Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon is a short, three-hour tour that still manages to pack in bucket loads of fun, thrills, excitement and a healthy dose of adventure!
We’ll meet you at our office for check-in, then set off separately to the trailhead where our adventure officially kicks off as we get into the ATVs! The journey to Peek-a-Boo is half the fun of this tour, we’ll follow a backcountry sand trail, race over sand dunes and zip over hills, exactly what these ATV are designed for!
As our convoy progresses along the trail towards the canyon you’ll be surrounded by breathtaking views of Navajo Sandstone, native plants and if you’re lucky, maybe even some local wildlife. Once we arrive to the Canyon, be prepared to be floored by its beauty and tranquil presence, it has been described by many as a sanctuary in stone.
Together with your tour guide, freely explore the wonders of the canyon and discover its slender passages with their spectrum of dusty reds, earthy browns and burnt orange colors. All meticulously layered by Mother Nature into the sandstone walls; mesmerizing for any photographer, hiker or adventurer! Learn about the history and geology of the area from your guide as you enjoy the reverence of this special site.
When we are done exploring, it’s time to head back to our ATVs for more fun and thrills over the sand trails as we head back towards our starting point. Time permitting, your guide will treat you to a bonus ride to finish the day on a high note!
This was our first ATV ride and tour of Peekaboo Canyon. It was a sunny brisk morning, when we headed to the office. We did our orientation/safety review at the office, met our guide, Larry, and were on our way. We went out to the Canyon parking lot, got on our ATV, and followed Larry for a fun and great tour. The ride was great, Peekaboo Canyon was amazing, and it was due to our great guide, Larry. Thank you so very much, if you go, ask for Larry ️️️️️
Huge “Thank You” to Colton for leading us on an incredible tour of the dunes and Peekaboo Slot Canyon. We had a blast on our RZR’s and would highly recommend the 4:30 pm tour with Colton!!